Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Review 24: Celtic Viking



Celtic Viking. Lexy Timms. 2015. [April] Dark Shadow Publishing. 162. [Source:Free Kindle Book]

First sentence:  The fog hung in the air like a habit belonging to a monk, as if never meant to depart from the body.

Premise/Plot: From Amazon - In a world plagued with darkness, she would be his salvation.

No one gave Erik a choice as to whether he would fight or not. Duty to the crown belonged to him, his father's legacy remaining beyond the grave.

Taken by the beauty of the countryside surrounding her, Linzi would do anything to protect her father's land. Britain is under attack and Scotland is next. At a time she should be focused on suitors, the men of her country have gone to war and she's left to stand alone.

Love will become available, but will passion at the touch of the enemy unravel her strong hold first?

My thoughts:  This is a new author for me and a pleasure this was!  I loved this book I kept turning the pages as quick as I could.  I have always had a soft spot for this time period and a strong fondness for Vikings.  So that combination was a win-win for me.  The characters were well developed and I rather liked how we went back and forth between his and hers view points and thinking.  I can not wait to see how this will all turn out and will be getting the next book in the series.  Erik and Linzi’s story is extremely compelling and I feel like its going to be challenge after challenge for the next 2 books.  There are a couple of characters that I don’t like but I believe that that is intentional by the author they are typical “villains”.

Rating 9/10

Recommendation – Everyone that loves romance and Vikings should read this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment